News by nweditor from Nigerian Watch Newspaper Read the complete details here
On Thursday, the doctors in Benue State commenced an indefinite strike over what they depicted as the incapability of the government and management of the Federal Medical Center Makurdi to fulfill their requests.
The NMA’s strike came soon after the suspension, last Wednesday, of the indefinite strike earlier started by the Organised Labour in the state.
The doctors’ indefinite strike was announced after the cessation of the 7-day warning strike commenced by the state chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association, NMA.
According to a statement, signed by both the state NMA Chairman and Secretary, Dr. Obekpa Obekpa and Dr. Nwaeze Chukwuemeka, the congress indicated overt discontent and the disruptive roles of some of its members all throughout the warning strike.
The statement cited the affected members including the Medical Director of FMC, Dr. Peteru Inunduh, Commissioner of Health and Human Services, Dr. Cecilia Ojabo, Chief Medical Director of Benue State University Teaching Hospital, BSUTH, Prof. Terlumun Swende to the association’s disciplinary committee for imperative action.
Others also nominated for sanctions were the Deputy Head of Clinical Services, FMC, Makurdi, Dr. Ocheifa Matthew and the Chairman, Medical and Dental Consultants Association of Nigeria, MDCAN, FMC Makurdi chapter, Dr. Nombur Isaac.
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Senator accusing Police IG of fraud gets bail
- AfDB to invest $24 billion in agriculture in 10 years – Adesina
- How Nigeria can tackle corruption through transparency in property ownership – Experts
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- NEMA workers in Minna begins indefinite strike
- China investigates 440 senior officials over corruption
- Buhari congratulates ex-Agric minister, Adesina, on world food prize
- [Updated] Spain to press ahead to suspend Catalan autonomy, calls cabinet meeting
- Monarch sues Osun CP for embarrassing him