News by Independent Newspaper from Independent News Nigeria Read the complete details here
President Muhammadu Buhari is seeking the Senate’s confirmation of Mrs. Aisha Ahmad’s appointment as a Deputy Governor in the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
In a letter to the hallowed chamber read by Deputy Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over Thursday’s plenary, Buhari said, if confirmed, Ahmad would replace a deputy governor, who retired early this year.
Buhari’s request for the confirmation of Ahmad is in accordance with the provisions of Section 8 of the Central Bank of Nigeria (Establishment) Act 2007.
”I have the pleasure to present Mrs. Aisha Ahmad for confirmation as Deputy Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, replacing one of the bank’s deputy governors, who retired earlier this year.”
Meanwhile, the Upper Chamber has begun consideration of President Buhari’s request for the approval of external loan of 2.5 billion dollars to finance the 2017 Appropriation Act and another 3 billion dollars to re-finance domestic debts.
The post Buhari Requests Senate’s Confirmation Of Aisha As CBN Deputy Governor appeared first on Independent News Nigeria.
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Senator accusing Police IG of fraud gets bail
- AfDB to invest $24 billion in agriculture in 10 years – Adesina
- How Nigeria can tackle corruption through transparency in property ownership – Experts
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- NEMA workers in Minna begins indefinite strike
- China investigates 440 senior officials over corruption
- Buhari congratulates ex-Agric minister, Adesina, on world food prize
- [Updated] Spain to press ahead to suspend Catalan autonomy, calls cabinet meeting
- Monarch sues Osun CP for embarrassing him