President Buhari has written to the Senate seeking approval for the appointment of Mrs. Aishah Ahmad as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and members of the Monetary Policy Committee of the apex bank.
The MPC nominees are Prof. Adeola Festus Adenikinju; Dr. Aliyu Rafindadi Sanusi; Dr. Robert Chikwendu Asogwa and Dr. Asheikh A. Maidugu.
Buhari, in separate letters to President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, which was read at the chamber by Deputy President of the Senate, Ike Ekweremadu, who presided over the plenary on Thursday, urged the lawmakers to approve the appointments.
The President said those appointed to the MPC of the CBN were to replace four members whose tenure expires at the end of this year.
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Togo opposition to go ahead with protests despite Wednesday’s violent clashes
- Ethiopia army banned from Oromia-Somali areas amid peace efforts
- Nigerian State partners Real Madrid; Governor meets Ronaldo, Ramos
- Togo opposition protests to restart; Canada, U.S. issue security alert
- Ethiopia deliberately blocking U.S. Congress resolution on human rights
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- JUST IN: Kachikwu, Baru meet with Osinbajo
- Oando reacts to SEC/NSE Suspension
- 2018 Election: Daughter of former Russian mayor runs for president