News by adekunle from Vanguard News Read the complete details here
The Edo State Government has condemned the attack on the Headmaster of Uwa Primary School, Mr. S. I. Imafidon, assuring the school and residents in the area that the state is on top of the situation.
The Special Adviser to the Governor on Basic Education and Sole Administrator, State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB), Dr. Joan Osa Oviawe, said this in response to the attack on the headmaster by some hoodlums at the school premises on First East Circular Road in Benin City, the state capital.
It was gathered that some hoodlums invaded the school premises and attacked the headmaster, an incident which caused panic among students and teachers.
Dr Osa Oviawe said that two suspects have been arrested in relation to the attack, adding that they are currently being held at the Esigie Police station.
According to her, “The situation has been contained. Two persons suspected to be part of those who attacked the headmaster have been arrested. The headmaster was taken to the Specialist Hospital and he has been treated.”
Noting that the state is keen on ensuring that school premises are safe for learning, she said, “We want to assure the pupils and their parents that we are on top of the situation. Normalcy has returned to the school and we are working to ensure that the situation remains that way.”
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Re: TRIMING Massive Recruitment into Various Offices
- Maryam Sanda, Woman Who Killed Husband in Abuja, To Remain in Suleja Prison
- You are wondering, How did Black Friday become Black Friday?
- Ember Months: FRSC Warns Against Night Journeys
- Nigeria Police Games 2018: Police command in Enugu screens athletes
- Buhari urges religious movements in Africa to help fight corruption
- Atiku Abubakar: Timeline of a serial defector
- Pius Anyim still in EFCC detention despite meeting bail conditions – Lawyer
- Zimbabwean army hands over finance minister to police
- Again, NDIC warns Nigerians against trading in digital currencies
- Fanfare as ADR society awards professional, business excellence
- 235 killed in deadliest terror attack in Egypt’s modern history
- Buhari condoles with Egypt over bomb attack
- Edo Govt kick-starts basic education reform, counts schools, retrains teachers
- 500,000 persons still displaced in Benue due to Fulani herdsmen attack ―Group