News by Sam Nwaoko - Ado Ekiti from Tribune Read the complete details here
WORKERS in Ekiti State are already home from work as they observed the half working day the state government had declared for them to celebrate the release of the detained senior government officials.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had, on Wednesday, released the state’s Commissioner for Finance, Chief Toyin Ojo, and the Accountant-General of the state, Mrs Yemisi Omotola, who were arrested on September 28th.
The state government had vilified the EFCC for the detention of the officials, saying that their arrest and detention for 14 days were illegal.
Already, the state has organised a reception at the popular Fajuyi Park in the town, in honour of the duo.
The workers in the state have already vacated their offices for their homes, while some of them, especially the senior ones, and have been on standby to attend the reception.
A public service announcement on the state’s radio, by the special assistant to Governor Ayodele Fayose on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, had notified the workers of the half working day decision.
The post Ekiti declares half day for workers to receive freed commissioner ―AG appeared first on Tribune.
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Senator accusing Police IG of fraud gets bail
- AfDB to invest $24 billion in agriculture in 10 years – Adesina
- How Nigeria can tackle corruption through transparency in property ownership – Experts
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- NEMA workers in Minna begins indefinite strike
- China investigates 440 senior officials over corruption
- Buhari congratulates ex-Agric minister, Adesina, on world food prize
- [Updated] Spain to press ahead to suspend Catalan autonomy, calls cabinet meeting
- Monarch sues Osun CP for embarrassing him