News by Agency reporter from The Nation Nigeria Read the complete details here
The Lagos State University ( LASU ) will admit 3,500 students for the 2017/2018 academic session.
The university’s Head of Centre for Information, Press and Public Relations, Mr Adekoya Martins, made this known in a statement issued in Lagos on Thursday.
Martins said that 36,500 candidates applied for admission in LASU for the academic session.
He described as false, purported information on some social media platforms that LASU was set to admit 5,500 out of 36,500 candidates.
“The university management wishes to state unequivocally that such information is false, baseless and unfounded.
“Consequently, members of the university community and the general public are advised to disregard such information,” he said.
In a bid to ensure transparency and merit-driven admission process, Lagos state university recently launched an application to automate subsequent admissions in line with a directive from the National Universities Commission ( NUC ).
The application will cut out undue interference from individuals in the admission process.
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Togo opposition to go ahead with protests despite Wednesday’s violent clashes
- Ethiopia army banned from Oromia-Somali areas amid peace efforts
- Nigerian State partners Real Madrid; Governor meets Ronaldo, Ramos
- Togo opposition protests to restart; Canada, U.S. issue security alert
- Ethiopia deliberately blocking U.S. Congress resolution on human rights
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- JUST IN: Kachikwu, Baru meet with Osinbajo
- Oando reacts to SEC/NSE Suspension
- 2018 Election: Daughter of former Russian mayor runs for president