By James Sowole in Akure
The Commander of the 32 Brigade Artillery, Owena Barracks, Akure, Ondo State, Brigadier James Ataguba, has said that the military Operation Crocodile Smile II will soon start in the state, which is one of the states in the Niger Delta.
Ataguba disclosed this while speaking during the decoration of two officers of the brigade, Ojo Adelegan and Simeon Oladunjoye, who were promoted from the rank of captain to major in the army.
The commander however allayed fear of members of the public who might be thinking that the operation would disturb their normal ways of living.
He said the military operations were not to usurp the work of the police, adding that military efforts were just to complement the efforts of the police.
“The crocodile would also be smiling too in Ondo State. The operation of the army would be similar to what is happening in other parts of the country. The people of the state have nothing to fear about the military operations that is aimed at securing people and their property better. Those who should fear are those with criminal tendencies and they cannot have breathing space in the state and in the entire country,” Ataguba said.
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Togo opposition to go ahead with protests despite Wednesday’s violent clashes
- Ethiopia army banned from Oromia-Somali areas amid peace efforts
- Nigerian State partners Real Madrid; Governor meets Ronaldo, Ramos
- Togo opposition protests to restart; Canada, U.S. issue security alert
- Ethiopia deliberately blocking U.S. Congress resolution on human rights
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- JUST IN: Kachikwu, Baru meet with Osinbajo
- Oando reacts to SEC/NSE Suspension
- 2018 Election: Daughter of former Russian mayor runs for president