News by Steve Oma-Ofozor from Independent News Nigeria Read the complete details here
Lagos – Vincent Torgah of Ghana, Visitor Mapwanya of Zimbabwe and Gift Willy of Nigeria will be on the course again in the West Africa Golf Tour (WAGT) Abuja Classic.
The event billed for the IBB International Golf and Country Club, Abuja will hold between October 26 and 29, 2017.
Vincent Torgah won the just concluded “The [email protected]” after setting the best score of the day, three under par. He started the last round with eight strokes behind the leader, Visitor Mapwanya, and ended up 67 in the fourth round to win the tournament.
This development golf fans believed would ignite another exiting competition in the event as some players as Willy are still eying the WAGT title since 2016.
In the same vein, the amateurs will start play on Saturday October 28, but the caddies’ competition as usual will come on Wednesday 25 October ahead of the main event.
However, the WAGT event which has maintained some consistency since inception still does not have the full strength of the Professional Golfers Association of Nigeria (PGAN) players
Here are the latest News stories from 15 Top Sources
- Togo opposition to go ahead with protests despite Wednesday’s violent clashes
- Ethiopia army banned from Oromia-Somali areas amid peace efforts
- Nigerian State partners Real Madrid; Governor meets Ronaldo, Ramos
- Togo opposition protests to restart; Canada, U.S. issue security alert
- Ethiopia deliberately blocking U.S. Congress resolution on human rights
- Buhari was adequately briefed on poor state of State House Clinic – CMD
- Lagos court releases ex-VP Atiku’s son, Aminu, grants estranged wife custody of children
- JUST IN: Kachikwu, Baru meet with Osinbajo
- Oando reacts to SEC/NSE Suspension
- 2018 Election: Daughter of former Russian mayor runs for president